PREVENT LARGE-SCALE FRAUD FROM AUTOMATED BOT ATTACKS
Protect your online applications from automated bot attacks wielding advanced threats like credential stuffing, unwanted scraping, carding and automation traffic to penetrate your defenses.
F5 Silverline Shape Defense, an F5 Silverline managed security service, prevents bot attacks that can result in large-scale fraud, inflated operational costs, and friction for your end users.
By delivering continuous protection to your enterprise, even when attackers retool, the service ensures protection from sophisticated online attacks, including the list of OWASP Automated
Threats to Web Applications. As shown in Figure 1, the service detects bot threats within encrypted traffic so you can filter out unwanted automated programs, traffic, and tools and get better business intelligence.
- Stops Account Takeovers— Prevents fraudsters from rapidly testing stolen credentials on your login applications so they cannot take over accounts.
- Defeats Fake Account Creation—Detects and blocks the use of stolen PII to create fake accounts and commit new account fraud.
- Mitigates Carding Fraud— Stops criminals from using your checkout pages to validate stolen credit cards.
- Prevents Inventory Hoarding— Ensures your campaigns and most in-demand items are sold directly to your customers, not scalpers.
- Stops Scraping—Controls how scrapers harvest data from your website, so you can protect
sensitive data and manage infrastructure costs.
- Protects Loyalty Programs— Ensures gift card value, loyalty points, and other stored values remain in your customers’ hands.
- Reduces Marketing Fraud— Ensures actual humans and not automated bots drive your business analytics and marketing spend.
LEVERAGING THE POWER OF THE SHAPE NETWORK
Designed to meet the needs of a broad range of organizations, Silverline Shape Defense delivers world-class application protection that leverages the power of the Shape network.
- AI-powered: Through the use of advanced AI and machine learning, application requests are accurately determined to be from a fraudulent source, or not, in real time. When the source is fraudulent, the threat is mitigated while allowing legitimate humans’ requests without additional friction.
- Collective defense: Customers benefit from everything learned through the large protection network we operate. Every 24 hours, more than one billion fraudulent log-in attempts and other transactions are blocked, while ensuring that more than 150 million legitimate human transactions are safe.
F5 SILVERLINE MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES PLATFORM
Gain Attack Insights and Intelligence
The managed security service includes access to the Silverline customer web portal-enabling administrators to securely communicate with managed service SOC experts and view centralized threat-monitoring reports. Features include source geo-IP mapping, mitigated versus alerted attacks, mitigated traffic, mitigated attack types, alerted attack types, threats, and the type of traffic and visits (bots versus humans).
Built-In Compliance and Reporting Capabilities
Advanced built-in security protection and remote auditing help organizations comply with industry security standards cost-effectively and without multiple appliances, application changes, or rewrites. Criteria include the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), HIPAA, Basel II, and SOX.
Add-On the F5 Silverline Threat Intelligence Service
F5® Silverline® Threat Intelligence Service, an add on to the Silverline platform, delivers additional detection and blocking of IPs known to support malicious traffic. This reduces unwanted attack communications on your network and helps you avoid further mitigation requirements. Emerging threats are continuously captured and published, while IP addresses that are no longer malicious are removed from the threat intelligence data. Silverline Threat Intelligence enhances the other services in the Silverline platform while allowing access to legitimate IP addresses.
F5 Silverline SOC Experts Provide 24×7 App Protection
The F5® Silverline® Security Operations Center (SOC) offers world-class support and guidance to help you get the most from your F5 Silverline investment. F5 Silverline SOC experts are available 24×7 to protect your applications from attack and abuse. Silverline SOC security experts extend the capabilities of your IT staff. Whether providing fast answers to questions, guidance on your security questions, or assistance with modifications to your implementation, the Silverline SOC experts help ensure your applications are secure, fast, and reliable 24×7. For more information about the Silverline SOC, visit f5.com/soc.
SILVERLINE SHAPE DEFENSE
Defeat Fraud with the Broadest Application Protection
Defend your applications from advanced automated attacks and malicious human-powered exploits of vulnerabilities for web and mobile applications. With protection against Bots and other automated attacks that lead to fraud and abuse—delivered as a managed service—you can deploy security services for every app, anywhere, without upfront investments in IT infrastructure and support.
KEY PLATFORM BENEFITS
- Simplified buying, deployment, and ongoing support–One vendor, multi-service, already deployed at the customer’s edge, with 24×7 SOC support.
- Compliance and privacy requirements are built-in, limiting risk and lowering costs–Ensures an organization’s data residency and privacy requirements are achieved, enabling the use of multi-cloud services.
- Based on a best-of-breed services stack–Including F5® BIG-IP® Application Security ManagerTM (ASM) and the Shape fraud and abuse prevention platform, there’s no need to manage outside security toolkits or stacks.